Not everyone is willing to search the market for the best natural acne treatment products. For those of you who would prefer to try some natural acne treatments before purchasing solutions, there are natural alternatives for acne that may effectively clear skin. If you watch what you eat and practice the right cleaning habits, you may be able to cure your acne and get your pimples under control without spending a dime.
Natural Acne Treatment: Eating Habits
There are mixed opinions about the link between diet and acne, but we can all agree that our bodies — skin cells included — need a regular supplement of nutrients to keep themselves healthy and strong. Some vitamins and minerals have been shown to be particularly effective at helping people get rid of acne and fighting the effects of skin damage.
- Numerous people have found that Vitamin A is one of the best natural acne treatment food solutions. Vitamin A improves the ability of the skin to repair itself, thereby helping it rebound after being damaged by excess oil and bacteria. This essential vitamin can also reduce sebum production, which is one of the best acne treatment solutions for reducing blocked skin pores. Good sources of vitamin A include sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots and liver.
- Foods that are high in zinc will also you maintain clear skin and prevent acne breakouts. Zinc has antibacterial powers, so it can reduce the amount of bacteria clogging your pores. Zinc can be found in foods and ingredients that contain oysters, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and peanuts.
- Chromium is another one of the best natural acne treatment food supplements. Chromium may be able to treat acne by improving the skin’s ability to heal itself and by reducing incidences of skin infection. Consuming ingredients that are high in chromium can reduce the effects of acne before it leads to more permanent effects, such as scars. Onions, tomatoes and whole grains are all good sources of chromium.
USE PROMO CODE: FREESHIP895 for free domestic shipping and $6.95 off internation
Valid with all orders over $49.95, one time use.
Natural Acne Tips and Treatments: Cleaning Habits
The best natural acne treatment regimen begins at home. Whether you’re treating your skin with natural solutions or sticking to the basics with soap and water, it’s important to maintain the proper skin cleaning habits.
- Prevent substances from clogging your pores by washing your face two times per day — and no more. During the day, particles in the air, dead skin cells and makeup can all settle on the skin and clog the pores on your face. That’s why it’s important to wash away impurities before going to bed. As your face begins its nightly healing process, it needs to be clean and ready to cure itself. That being said, don’t go overboard. Try to avoid washing your skin more than twice each day. The best acne treatment does not have to be the most frequently used one. You don’t want to stimulate sebaceous glands to produce even more oil as you clean and dry out the skin.
- Clean the skin correctly. Remember to treat your skin with care, and note that washing is one of the most important acne treatments. Be gentle with the skin as you rub on cleanser. Apply it gently with the fingertips, rinse, and dry the skin by patting it lightly. The redness and inflammation that may result from harsh rubbing can counteract all of your hard work you’ve put into treating your acne.