There are many ways to get rid of pimples and avoid acne, but they may appear at the worst possible time in the worst possible place. Don’t worry about it too much, here is a simple guide how to get rid of pimples fast.
How to get rid of Pimples
First do not touch or pop the pimple, all this will do is make it more obvious and risk infection and acne scars. Instead just follow these simple steps to get rid of pimples.
- Wash your hands carefully before touching your face. This is to make sure that you don’t introduce any more bacteria. Be careful not to touch your pimples at all after completing this procedure.
- Wash your face gently using a mild soap and warm water. Don’t use a regular wash cloth as this could distribute bacteria to other parts of your face, use your hands instead or our Derm-X Cloth.
- Pat your skin dry with a towel, don’t wipe or rub, again this helps to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Use a treatment containing benzoyl peroxide on the pimple. It will help kill off the bacteria and prevent inflammation. When choosing a treatment check the percentage of benzoyl peroxide, they are available as 2.5%, 5% and 10% solutions. You may need to experiment until you find the strength that is best suited to your skin. It is best to start off low and increase if necessary.
- When the treatment has tried use a our Moisture Complex (moisturizer). Try and find one that is allergy-tested, fragrance free and oil free. This will prevent the skin from drying and becoming irritated. It is advisable to try and find one which contains a mild sunscreen. Pimples are raw skin and sunburn will just make them worse.
- You can then cover the pimple with medicated concealer. Be careful about covering it with makeup as it can trap oil and dirt inside the pore.
- You can use a simple home remedy such as the inside of an egg shell to reduce redness. This is known as dermabrasion.
If this doesn’t work and infection starts to occur be sure to consult a dermatologist.
Finding a suitable Treatment Kit for your skin type can be a long process, take control by using the Exposed Skin Care Assessment.
In order to try and prevent pimples developing you can follow our best acne treatment routine. There are many acne treatments which will help you maintain clear skin and prevent further development of pimples. However, it is important to remember that whether trying to get rid of acne or just get rid of a pimple it is an on-going process, generally without a quick overnight fix, that requires daily care and attention.
USE PROMO CODE: FREESHIP895 for free domestic shipping and $6.95 off internation
Valid with all orders over $49.95, one time use.